Why Petal's Edge?
- Small + Local - Petal's Edge is the premier florist in Alexandria, VA, and the greater Washington, DC area. We offer artful floral designs for local delivery., and consider the greater Washington, DC area home. We are a small business. If you like shopping small, or shopping local, then we're a great fit!
- Easy + Gorgeous - Our online shop offers easy ordering of fresh flowers, lovingly designed in our curated seasonal collections. If you like easy online ordering and choosing between awesome options, then we're a great fit!
- Personalization + Customer Care - You may pick one of our gorgeous designs, or you may request a custom order. While other florists do not offer customization, we love working with customers to create one-of-a-kind, inspired designs for their recipients. If you like personalized floral designs, then we're a great fit!
- Environment - We compost and recycle as much as possible. We make environmentally friendly decisions while we're designing. If you like businesses who care about Mother Earth, then we're a great fit!
What are your business hours?
We are open for deliveries and pick up daily orders from Monday - Friday, 9 am - 4 pm. Same day orders must be placed by 2 pm.
How can I contact Petal's Edge?
We're available by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 703-518-8488.
How do I order?
If you are interested in sending flowers, please visit the Send Flowers link to view options and place your order online. You may also call us at 703-518-8488 to place an order if you have questions or want to place a custom order. For most folks, we recommend ordering online.
No matter what the occasion is, turn to the best florist in historic Old Town Alexandria, VA where our skilled floral designers will create a stunning arrangement to delight you - and your recipient.
Where do you deliver?
From our studio, we deliver pretty much everywhere within the Beltway around Washington, DC.
List of Delivery Zip Codes:
20001, 20002, 20003, 20004, 20005, 20006, 20007, 20008, 20009, 20010, 20011, 20012, 20015, 20016, 20017, 20018, 20019, 20020, 20024, 20032, 20036, 20037, 20045, 20052, 20053, 20057, 20064, 20202, 20204, 20228, 20230, 20240, 20245, 20260, 20307, 20317, 20319, 20373, 20390, 20405, 20418, 20427, 20506, 20510, 20520, 20535, 20540, 20551, 20553, 20560, 20565, 20566, 20593, 22206, 22301, 22302, 22303, 22304, 22305, 22307, 22310, 22311, 22312, 22313, 22314, 22320, 22331, 22332, 22333, 22334, 20330, 22204, 22209, 22214, 22219, 22230, 22243, 22350, 22244, 22245, 22246, 22242, 22241, 22240, 22227, 22226, 22225, 22215, 22216, 22217, 22210, 22211, 22213, 22205, 22206, 22207, 22201, 22202, 22203, 22206, 22301, 22302, 22303, 22304, 22305, 22306, 22307, 22311, 22312, 22313, 22314, 22320, 22331, 22332, 22333, 22334, 20330, 22204, 22209, 22214, 22219, 22230, 22243, 22350, 22244, 22245, 22246, 22242, 22241, 22240, 22227, 22226, 22225, 22215, 22216, 22217, 22210, 22211, 22213, 22205, 22206, 22207, 22201, 22202, 22203, 20001, 20002, 20003, 20004, 20005, 20006, 20007, 20008, 20009, 20010, 20011, 20012, 20015, 20016, 20017, 20018, 20019, 20020, 20024, 20032, 20036, 20037, 20045, 20052, 20053, 20057, 20064, 20202, 20204, 20228, 20230, 20240, 20245, 20260, 20307, 20317, 20319, 20373, 20390, 20405, 20418, 20427, 20506, 20510, 20520, 20535, 20540, 20551, 20553, 20560, 20565, 20566, 20593
Do you offer same day delivery?
Generally, we recommend placing your order online by 2pm for next-day delivery, or for a future date of your choosing. While we can often accommodate same day flower delivery, we cannot guarantee same day delivery of all the products shown on our website, and kindly request that you call us as soon as possible in case we need to order specific flowers.
How far in advance can I order?
We gladly accept orders up to 90 days in advance.
Can I see recent examples of your work?
Yes! Follow us on Instagram @shoppetalsedge.
How are you handling Covid-19?
Our staff completed training provided by the City of Alexandria, the ALX Promise Program, to signal our business has gone above and beyond the minimum requirements. Our small staff follows current safety guidance and disinfects our studio daily. We offer contactless delivery and pickup services.
What is your return policy?
We are dedicated to providing the best customer support possible. As a purchaser of items from Shop Petal's Edge, the purchaser agrees that all sales are final. As flowers are perishable, returns are only accepted under the following circumstances:
- All issues must be conveyed to us by the buyer within 24 hours of delivery. If you are calling after hours. please leave a message with a time to reach you and a phone number. We will call the next business day.
- We will happily replace any damaged item, which may have had its quality affected during delivery. Replacements will be provided once the original item is returned to the shop.
- As items are perishable, we do not issue refunds. However, if the issue cannot be resolved, an in-store credit may be available.
- Returns are accepted on a "quality" basis only. Issues of "not liking" the arrangement are not grounds for a return.
- As flowers are perishable, you must water them and keep them out of direct sunlight, otherwise they will not last long. It is the recipient's responsibility to recut and water the arrangement.
- If you are ordering flowers for someone else, be sure you are choosing something they would like. Style preferences are not grounds for return.
- It is the sender's responsibility to ensure that the recipient will be at the location of the delivery on the date of the delivery. If the recipient goes home early or is out of town, unbeknownst to us, it is not cause for a refund or exchange, as we have fulfilled our obligation in delivering upon the requested date as ordered by the sender.
Flower Care & Plant Care
How do I take care of the floral arrangement I received?
To maximize vase life, keep your flowers cool and away from sunlight and heat sources. Check the water to ensure it is fresh and clear; replace the water every 1-2 days. Snip 1/2 inch off the stems if they turn brown or slimy.
How do I take care of the orchid I received?
For orchids and plants in general, our best advice is to try to replicate the weather and conditions from the plant's original place of origin. Orchids typically live on trees, hence the bark pieces and moss found in their grow pots. They like thorough waterings that are allowed to fully drain away. Because they live in the shade of their host trees, indirect light is recommended. They like stability, so repot your orchids sparingly, less than once per year.
Indoor Houseplant Care
For plants in general, our best advice is to try to replicate the weather and conditions from the plant's original place of origin. Most houseplants come from tropical regions with high humidity, grow in the understory of a forest so they like bright indirect light, and prefer moist soil that gets to dry out a little bit between waterings. Please reach out to us if you have questions about a specific plant and we will be happy to assist you.
My company is interested in lobby flowers, floral installations, event florals, and plantscaping. Can Petal's Edge help?
Whether you are interested in one-time or recurrent flower deliveries, please contact us via email or phone for a consultation. We’re happy to create a custom proposal based on your brand’s needs and your goals.
If you’re interested in our elopements, mini- or micro-wedding options, please visit Intimate Weddings. Online ordering is easy! First, pick which style best suits your taste: Classic, Garden, Modern, Rustic, or Wildflower. Then choose from bridal bouquets, boutonnieres, hair flowers, corsages, ceremony decor, and reception decor.
All intimate wedding orders must be received at least 10 days in advance of the pickup/delivery date. If received less than 10 days in advance, rush charges may apply. We will contact you shortly afterward to confirm details. There is no order minimum.
Exact flower varieties cannot be guaranteed. We reserve the right to make appropriate flower substitutions based on quality and availability. If there are any specific flowers that would not be acceptable, please let us know ahead of time in the Order Notes, while you're placing your order online.
Order cancellations are accepted up until 20 days prior to the event. After 20 days, all payments for intimate wedding orders are non-refundable.
Full Service Weddings
For full service weddings requiring customization and/or installation and breakdown services, please continue to visit our big sister wedding and event-focused site. We will work with you to schedule a consultation appointment. Also, please follow our event-focused Instagram @petalsedgedc.